Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday

When I was asked to participate in the Crystal Light Water Way Challenge, I most enthusiastically said yes, for several reasons.

I love drinking Crystal Light--I have for years...ever since I was a teenager, in fact. It's sweet and tart and satisfying.

And of course I love that it is sugar-free! I am a big proponent of not drinking your calories (what a waste!) and so this has long-been a diet-friendly drink of choice for me.

In truth, about two months ago, my entire family made the move from calorie and sugar-filled drinks to Crystal Light. The effect? My kids didn't even notice the lack of calories. My husband likes it better than what we were drinking before. And I have the comfort of knowing I'm not pumping my kids full of sugar at every meal.

Of course Crystal Light should not replace good ol' H20. We are counseled by doctors across the globe to consume 8-10 glasses of water a day just to stay hydrated and replace the 8-10 we lose by way of sweating, breathing, and eliminating waste! However, 2 of your 8 glasses of water can be healthily replaced by Crystal Light and that's OK. Some, like my husband, have to have a flavored drink with a meal. If this is the case for you, simply drink your two glasses at lunch and dinner, and drink water the rest of the day. You'll feel better and healthier for staying so well hydrated.

Try joining the Crystal Light Water Challenge here!

No comments: